The Future of Medicine: Megatrends in Medicine that Will Improve Your Health Care & Your Quality of Life
About the Book
Are you confused by what you hear in the media about modern medical advances? Do you really understand genomics?
From robots in the operating room to exciting new vaccines to treat cancer, The Future of Medicine is the first book to explain these medical megatrends in ways you can understand.
The Future of Medicine is the only book to identify megatrends that will not only improve your quality of life, but ultimately lower health care costs and improve patient care. (Published by Thomas Nelson)
Using layman’s terms, Stephen C. Schimpff, MD, FACP, explains the science behind what’s happening on the medical frontier — and shows you how to make the most of it now.
- Ever wonder how acupuncture works to stop pain? Find out in the Future of Medicine.
- Disruptive Changes Coming in Medical Care
- Why Are Health Care Costs Rising So Rapidly? Can anything be done?
- Ever heard of nanomedicine? It uses devices so small they can not be seen with a microscope yet may soon cure cancers
- What will the genomics revolution mean to you?
- Can vaccines prevent cancer? or treat Alzheimer's?
- CAT MRI or PET? Knowing the difference may save your life.
- I'm the size of a flashlight battery, and can keep your heart going? What am I?
- What will surgery be like in the operating room of the future?
- Should you ask your surgeon if she is good at video games? The answer may surprise you.
- To Err Is Human - What can be done to reduce hospital mistakes?
Last Modified: June 10, 2010